jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

I have a 2001 Ford Focus. Currently replacing the front

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2001 Ford Focus. Currently replacing the front brake pads and discs. One slider pin on the calliper is refusing to thread. Is there a solution to this without obtaining new bolts or calliper?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi, if you stripped the bolt and /or caliper ,you need to either get a tap to rethread the hole or get a caliper bolt kit-this consists one new bolt and thread locker fluid ..

Part Number: 13894

this is from Dorman after market products and you can get this from most auto parts stores .the cost is $14.99

I am not sure of the thread size .so if you have a bolt that just refuses to start into the threads .uses a tap

if the bolt is stripped then use this bolt kit -it is a slightly over sized bolt and made to thread itself into the stripped hole ...jazzmaster

I know you said without purchasing a new bolt or caliper but this is the solution '

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

if I have helped you ,please rate me positive and we still can continue on if needed.

this is the only way I receive credit ,thank you...jazzmaster ..