Stan
Stan, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor's in Automotive Engineering, MB certified diagnosis technician
16766657

Mercedes Vito SRS light on dashboard 111 CDI 2006 I have

Customer Question

Mercedes Vito SRS light on dashboard 111 CDI 2006 I have have a Vito camper and the drivers seat has been replaced from a double to a single. The single has no electrics and this has caused the SRS light to illuminate. I have a emodulator which is supposed
to complete the circuit but the wiring colour codes do not correspond with the modulator instructions. Do you have advise on installing the emodulator and cancelling the SRS warning light please.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need the vin number to pull up the SRS schematics and see if I have proper wiring diagrams. Also, it would help if you can list the wire colors on the modulator and what they are supposed to go to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,The VIN number is *****
The wiring colours are
Brown Ground
Red (+)
White (Signal Line)
I have attached document provided with modulator and vehicle reg details.ThanksRobbie
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I will need to opt out as I dont have the SRS wiring diagram for it when I pull it up by the VIN number. If another expert does, they will post here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I wait and see or what happens to the fee I paid?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.

Hello Robbie,

Vito wire colours are:

Black with red stripe is the positive,

Brown is the ground,

Grey with orange stripe is the signal.

The Vito wiring diagram is attached

Best regards,

Stan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Stan,The colour codes you have kindly provided I thinks are for the drivers SRS wiring my question concerns the passenger bench seatThe connector under the passenger seat only has two wires do I just assume it is not grounded.I have attached a photo of the wires they are Purple/Blue and White/Green the label attached to them reads 'Mitte' and my time served in Germany recalls this as Middle. So the plug is from the middle passenger seat.Also I have attached (albeit a cheap one) a OBD11 code reader but this does not detect the SRS fault light so I cannot clear it, is there another way of clearing it or can this only be done by MB?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.

The plug is for center belt emergency tensioning retractor R12/34 in the diagram i sent you. I am sure i sent you the passenger seat occupied sensor. Actually, you might not even have it, if there are no loose 3-pin connector. If so, the emulator is not needed. You can connect the resistor to the plug in the picture. It should be about 3 ohms if i remember correctly- no documented data on that. You can check the resistance with the tester at the removed retractor.

SRS light can be extinguished by most diagnostic tools, MB one is the guaranteed option. Some independent MB shops have it. 90% chance that the light will not go out without deleting the fault codes.

Regards,
Stan