Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Just bought a Peugeot 207 1.4HDI and whilst driving the

Customer Question

Just bought a Peugeot 207 1.4HDI and whilst driving the engine cuts out losing all power with odd messages, one saying 'anti pollution faulty' and one next time saying 'oil callibration'. I have looked at a couple of forums already and noticed that this has happened to many other owners. Do you know if a remedy has actually been found yet as I'm almost ready to drive the car back to the dealer and tell them to take it back.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This could be a wiring issue as things tend to expand when hot and its possible a poor or partial electrical connection is being pushed apart on one of the major sensors so check the connection plug and wiring to the following;
Airflow meter
Crank position sensor
Cam position sensor
O2 sensor
Throttle position sensor

unplug each in turn and use some switch / contact cleaner spray on the pins to ensure its all grease / dirt free

Also worth checking the connections to the fuel pump for the same reason - unplug each in turn and give them a good squirt of switch / contact cleaner - Not WD40

and also unplug and inspect the main power relays and fuses for signs of overheating or corroded terminals - so the ones for the ECU and the fuel pump

And also unplug the wiring loom connections in the engine bay one at time and inspect for corroded or recessed pins.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt
It seems from your answer it could be loads of different things. I did read on one forum they suggested it could be the fuel pressure regulator needing cleaning or replacing. Have you come across this issue previously? Loads of people seem to have had this same issue and Peugeot don't appear to be volunteering / providing any help
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

you're right in saying that it could be quite a few things, which is why I suggest a route of checking and testing likely candinates

a faulty , sticking fuel pressure regulator is strong possibilty though so 1st thing to try some injector cleaner into the fuel