Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a problem with my Peugeot 107. At random, once a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with my Peugeot 107. At random, once a month it doesn't recognise the key and immobilizer locks a car for hours. I know it is common failure in those cars but is there any way to unlock it without assistance ? By key for example?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately my info doesn't show a bypass for this here to bypass this when this occurs.In order to correct this the fault itself will need located and repaired.I have seen issues with the immobilizer itself needing replaced to correct this type of fault here.The fault codes need checked in all computers using a scan tool/computer that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not an answer to my question. Thank you for trying but I would like to get my cash back.
I cars Peugeot 107, Toyota Aygo and Citroen C1 there is that issue that seems like is not fixable... My friend has Aygo and it does same. He even did change ingition and key for new and it happened again after 2-3 months. When it happens we normally call for AA breakdown cover, they plug in computer and clear errors, but it takes a while to wait for them. So my question was is there any way to restart computer by key ? Without plugging in computer. Some cars have button combination like when you are programing new key. Or maybe I can order a key with some extra button for unlocking a car when it locks after "unauthorized try to start"
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I do not see a way myself for this to be done without a computer being plugged in.In some cases you might be able to disconnect the battery for around 5 minutes then reconnect it and this may reset this to operate properly then.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did try few times, even for half an hour. It doesn't work in this model. Only computer or waiting +/- 6 hours. Can you tell me how can I get my cash back if I didn't get any solution for my problem ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

What I can do here is I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this as someone else here may have the info you need or I can send this to customer service to see if they can work with you on a refund.Let me know what you would like to do here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Open my question for others please, I'm desperate to solve this problem. I'll wait with requesting refund. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete