Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2005 CLS350 My command system switches on ok but

Customer Question

I have a 2005 CLS350 My command system switches on ok but seems to think that the engine is not running because after a short while it says shutting down or switch engine on. Any thoughts ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If all other electronics operate properly in your model here and no after market accessories have been installed this fault here can usually be caused by a fault in the command unit itself with it needing removed and replaced.I have seen these fail before on several occasions needing replaced.

The first thing that needs done though is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool or dealers sds machine that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.It is possible this is a command sub component causing this or wiring to the command but the command itself is most common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.