Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have no speedo on my renault trafic. had a other abs pump

Customer Question

hi mike i have no speedo on my renault trafic. had a other abs pump fitted new wheel bearings and sensors aand reluctor rings. on dash now i have service, handbrake and no speedo. any ideas ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect all wiring from the speed sensors and transmission/gear box to see if any wiring is found to be damaged or shorted at all needing repaired or replaced.If this is all found to be o.k. this may be an issue with the speedometer itself with it needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this fault.This would need to be checked/tested further to locate and repair the cause here by first having the fault codes checked and then diagnosed to locate and repair the cause.If any codes are set with this issue let me know the fault codes set as this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.