Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Im renting a kia cee'd in Israel with gps. is it possible to

Customer Question

im renting a kia cee'd in Israel with gps. is it possible to change the language from Hebrew to english
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some model GPS if it is an after market GPS device there is a setting to change the language.You would have to access settings in it usually under options to then see if you can change the language.If this is a factory installed GPS (part of the vehicle) usually this can be done with the instrument cluster or driver information center but this may change all settings language and in some cases this cannot be changed or can only be changed with a dealers computer plugged into your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a factory unit and the whole radio is in English until you go to the gps and then it is in Hebrew....there is a settings icon but the writing is in Hebrew so I cant tell what to do
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k,unfortunately I do not know the exact procedure on how to switch this here.I have had to google translate language before to read the display to figure out how to switch this here.If this is not an option for you or if you want me to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this didn't really help me.......the answer you don't know isn't really worth 20 dollars to me
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize the answer didn't help with what you were looking for here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Different expert here. Are you still needing help? If so, I need to get the model number of the navigation unit in order to see if you can change the language without using a factory level scan tools. Some models allow this and some require a factory level scan tool to change the language setting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where would I find that?
I only have 4 days left of the rental and I have been using my phone for navigation for the last week so if it is something simple to find im still willing to look into it.
thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Should be in the owners manual in the glove box. If not, then take a photo of it and use the paperclip icon on your reply box to upload it and I can tell the model from that