sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 735i E65 with a jammed trunk lid in the closed

Customer Question

I have a 735i E65 with a jammed trunk lid in the closed position.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

This is pretty surely going to be a mechanical failure of the latch which will require it's replacement.

Is it possible that anything foreign was closed in the trunk latch or a large object up against the lid?

Were there any problems leading up to it not closing and reopening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Boot is empty. Had battery on charge immediately before I disconnected it & closed boot lid. Boot lid closed correctly & pulled itself down to fully closed position. Dont know if there's anything jammed in there. I got a "Right Hand Licence Plate Bulb not working" warning on the dash just before driving off. Checked bulb & it was working OK. Drove off - 30 mins later tried to open boot but was stuck on its 1st latch and rattling up and down. Have tried remote, internal dash release, valet lock is off, button on boot lid won't work, and mechanical key in boot lock won't fully turn anti-clock even with weight on the boot lid. How do I get the boot lid open - it's fixed solid on its 1st latch?

Getting it open is most likely going to require dismantling the latch from the inside and then replacing it.

Were there any issues with turning the key before this?