Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 1999 clk 230 soft top. Roof closed all but the last

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 1999 clk 230 soft top. Roof closed all but the last action of the rear part of the roof being locked into position by the centre location hook. Switch is flashing every second. Rich
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What usually causes this fault here is one of the roof position sensor/switches can fail to send the correct position signal and when this occurs the top can stop like this or stop in a certain position as the computer isn't seeing the correct signal to allow the roof to complete or operate fully.I have had to replace several of these position sensor/switches before for this issue here.

This needs checked with a scan tool or dealers sds machine that will plug in and communicate with the roof computer to observe the switch/sensor signals to see which is sending a correct signal and which is not.Then once that has been done the switch that isn't sending the correct signal or that may have set a fault code is the switch needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.