sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

The light on my steering is lighted after i start my 2009

Customer Question

The light on my steering is lighted after i start my 2009 forester. Based on the OBD reader it shows P0123 & P2109. How can i fix it
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be wiring but it's more likely to be a failure of the throttle body. P2109 has to do with the physical operation of the throttle blade, P0123 is for one of the internal throttle position sensors in the throttle body. This code sets when the voltage on the circuit goes high, either an open signal circuit or a short to voltage on the signal circuit. It will take some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on, but if there are no visible wiring or connection issues with the throttle body then odds are the throttle body is going to need to be replaced.