Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I drive a S500 2014. I got a massage saying: auxilery

Customer Question

I drive a S500 2014. I got a massage saying: auxilery battery malfunction .
It seems that the Eco system is not working and also the Hold function .
What should I do ?
Thank u
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.. Sorry to see you have had a wait.

With this issue you have -you may have a fault with the aux battery itself..or the module that controls those functions as you mention.

You can check the connections to the battery - but really, thats all you should do. The car is a 14 and so is still in warranty. I have to advise that if you do anything and they see you have been doing things - they could state "warranty void"..and you really don't want that to happen... The advise then has to be to contact the dealer and have them check it. To be honest , there will really be little you could do anyway -it needs to be plugged into the MB STAR test equipment to ID the fault and then to fix... and of course, as its under warranty, this will all be FOC for you.

Im sorry that there isn't a simple fix that I could point to for you other than what I said to check... It is most likely a module or batt fault itself

I trust this answers your question for you - Let me know though if you need anything more -

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE