Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a w reg megane 1.6 sport, it runs fine but the red

Customer Question

I have a w reg megane 1.6 sport, it runs fine but the red light next to the clock is flashing fast constantly whether the car is on or off. I've changed the key fob batteries in both keys but all stays the same, it locks and unlocks remotely just fine and starts immediately. I've just purchased it and It had been standing for a while so am wondering if it's been caused by a previous jump start? Any advice greatly appreciated. Neil :-)
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first, I need to the 17 digit VIN number so I can pull the schematics.

If you have not done so, try the following - lock doors from the door switch and shut doors. Then unlock driver door with the actual key and see if light turns off and quits flashing