sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1997 jaguar convertible that out of the blue

Customer Question

Hello - I have a 1997 jaguar convertible that out of the blue inherited a traction stability & gearbox fault error message displayed on the dash. Car appears to be misfiring, erratic idle, awful gear changes and judging by the sluggish performance of the car, goes in to limp mode. I switch engine off, but same issue returns. I've replaced the battery to see if it wAs that (jag forum recommendation)
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jaguar xk8
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's thrown out a few. Currently just p1779 (I have an obd 2 scanner myself) Halfords auto centre hooked it up and got the attached. The car also returned to normal for a short period when they closed the bonnet. Their software couldn't drill down in to anything specific. Speculated it could be electrical gremlins. Car drove faultlessly. When I picked it up from its mot, it mysteriously inherited these issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
id like a full refund please. Yesterday I was told an expert was online ready to help me.. It's mid morning of the following day now.I'd be most grateful..Regards,Robert Hilton

I apologize that noone responded sooner. If you'd like a refund of your deposit you can do so from your screen.