Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My jeep had new bearings dust plate all rear brakes renewed

Customer Question

My jeep had new bearings dust plate all rear brakes renewed on rear of jeep .
on my first long journey to airport 400 mile , my ABS and handbrake light came on ,
I finished the journey no brake issues
and went on holiday for 2 weeks , on the return journey lights still on but also noticed my computer was saying I only had 69 miles of diesel left in tank
tank was half full , also my miles till tank reading was also showing zero , any ideas guys ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
While it seems doubtful both rear wheel sensors have failed, they do need to be checked for either loose connections or harness disconnected for them, as well as pull sensors and make sure ends did not get grime on their ends interfering with their signals
For all the others, the serial data lines going between the control modules and ip cluster need to be checked for opens or shorts and the connectors checked for corrosion on the pins.
If all ok, then each control module needs to be tested with scan tool to see which one specifically is not communicating with the others and then first try to reflash and if still not communicating, replaced.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks