Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

2009 1.4 Civic, replaced abs pump/ecu now Pgm-fi light is on

Customer Question

2009 1.4 Civic , replaced abs pump/ecu now Pgm-fi light is on but car runs fine so pump and injectors performing as should
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not so confident that the garage knows so as much detail would be welcome to guide them !
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You are correct, if the main relay was bad the engine would not start and run. In order to determine the cause of the light coming on the computer system needs to be scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the light comes on. Can you get me the fault codes and if so we can work from there to try and get this issue resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron I am in Luton I suppose to get that code it must be taken to a main dealer , the local garage computer cannot acces codes ?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Most shops should be able to access the computer system but if your can not then unfortunately yes, it will have to be done by your dealer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron
If they say that their computer cannot display codes are you able to guide them ? Can the codes only be accessed at a dealer ? I was planning on taking it back tomorrow or perhaps not ? What do you think ? If you think you can talk them thru it do you have a contact number for tomorrow and what time is convenient ?
Thanks
Steve
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the are using a Honda compatible scan tool then they can access any fault codes. If the do not have a Honda Compatible scan tool then the dealer is going to need to do the scan for you.