Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have a Peugeot 206 and the left indicator is stuck on all

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Peugeot 206 and the left indicator is stuck on all the time even when I have turned the engine off I have replaced the indicator stalk can you advise
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also tried resetting the bsi
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you can inspect for wiring shorts leading to the indicator stalk and the turn signal lights themselves.If you locate any shorted or damaged wiring at all the wiring will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.If all wiring is found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wires are fine ( also stayed on when the stalk is removed)
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are the outside lights staying on as well with the indicator and vehicle turned off or just the indicator on the dash staying on?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's all the left indicator lights internal on dash, front side and back outside all on solid, I've had to unplug the battery to stop it going flat. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k,most likely this is a control module at fault here like a body control module or light control module as this can cause a fault like this.I have seen most models use a control module that help actuate and control the light functions.My info is limited on your model here so I cannot see for sure which module works with or controls the light signals but with the stalk being replaced and no shorted wiring I suspect this is the cause here.This will need to be tested further to be sure and may require a scan tool/computer plugged into your model to check this as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the module do you mean the bsi?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I don't think this would be the BSI itself as the cause.If there is another control module for the lighting system this can cause this or in some cases a turn signal flasher can short out internally causing this needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but it was calling the garage which I wanted to avoid , can you pass this query over to someone who is more familiar with this model thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin from what you describe if you have checked wiring it's highly likely that it is the BSI that is at fault the system works by the switch sending signal to the BSI and the BSI turning lights on as needed .the BSI is located below steering wheel and is also the fuse box .to replace unit is quite straight forward but unfortunately it will need to be coded to car using manufacturer specific diagnostic tool