sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Left lights on my Honda civic tried to jump start but alarm

Customer Question

Left lights on my Honda civic tried to jump start but alarm goes off and car seems completely dead
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Any time battery power is lost and then comes back the alarm needs to be disarmed. Jump starting isn't always reliable depending on the condition of the battery and the cables used, if jump starting does bring some power back but not enough to crank the engine or allow systems to operate properly then the battery may need to be replaced.

If you have a battery charger try and charge it to see if it will come back. In some cases a charger may not be able to bring a battery back or it may appear to be charged when it isn't. If charging doesn't help or a charger isn't available then I would recommend having the battery load tested. This can be one for free at most big chain parts stores.

Once the battery is up and then reconnected you'll need to press the unlock button on the key fob to disarm the alarm.