Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  8yrs. exp. engine repair performance brakes electrical air condition
10186415

My Porsche Cayenne S 2006 has the Check Engine light

Customer Question

My Porsche Cayenne S 2006 has the Check Engine light showing. This happened about two weeks ago for about ten minutes and when I shut the car off and restarted it, the light went out. Today it went on and now stays lit...as I was driving home, it started to flash and then went solid again.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read that it has something to do with the emission control system. Can I still drive it in this condition or do I need to have it towed to the dealer?
Expert:  Tristan Franklin replied 1 year ago.

Have it towed to a dealer ASAP don't drive it especially if the check engine light was flashing because that is a 100 percent indicator that the engine was misfiring so badly at the time it can cause the catalytic converters to go bad very very quick which is really expensive. I hope this info helps. Please reply back if you have anymore questions and please give a positive rating. Thanks