Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have an 01 Volvo s40 t4 and the car is misfiring bad no

Customer Question

hi mike I have an 01 Volvo s40 t4 and the car is misfiring bad no power and engine light is flashing
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light flashes when the PCM (computer) sees a direct engine misfire and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes for the affected cylinder. In order to determine which cylinder is misfiring you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned . Once you know which cylinder is failing you usually looking at either a failing spark plug or in some cases a bad coil.