sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My key fob 2007 vw passat opens, but fails to close the car.

Customer Question

Hi John
My key fob for my 2007 vw passat opens, but fails to close the car. The red light on the key fob lights up when pressed to close, but I do not get any indication from the car. I have since discovered the fuel flap does not operate when the cabin internal switch is pulled.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

The problem may be with the vehicle but it may simply be the fob itself. Without having a scan tool to communicate with modules on the vehicle the best thing you could do is have the fob tested. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will test key fobs for free. Has it been tested to see if it is transmitting at the time it won't work?