Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Just bought a 2005 xc70 d5 se lux. put a new sim in but

Customer Question

just bought a 2005 xc70 d5 se lux. put a new sim in but every time I press any phone button the speaker just beeps. Nothing but please wait on display. Tried two other sims still the same
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the radio/head unit itself.I have seen some of these fail/act up before and cause an issue like this here needing replaced or removed and repaired.This will have to be checked/tested further first having the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set then from there diagnosed and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.