Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

The spec is UK, 1998, 2.0 petrol. No obd. The car at first

Customer Question

The spec is UK, 1998, 2.0 petrol. No obd.
The car at first drove to a shop, customer shut it off, came back outside and it refused to start.
There was no spark present, the dizzy looked really crap, so I've changed the dizzy cap, rotor Arm and coil...
Still no spark. Tested old coil and it was slightly out of range.
I took all the spark plugs out, there is also no fuel whilst being turned over. I have pressed the inertia switch and that has made no difference.
So, I've checked the main relay, all wires correspond to the ecu and fuse box and the fuel pump comes on, the timing is in tact, I have taken out the back up power fuse, put on a good battery, and I've also taken disassembled and cleaned the ignition switch up.
I am going to get the nodd on the injectors in the morning, I completely ran out of time
I must now admit defeat, I hope you guys might be able to help, as I'm completely at a loss now..
Thanks!!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases I have seen the electronic ignition switch itself fail/act up and cause an issue like this here.If you have not had this switch tested at all to see if it is sending the correct signals this needs done and if found to be at fault it will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.