Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic / Electronics
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

I would like to deactivate my alarm 1999 Nissan maxima QX. I

Customer Question

I would like to deactivate my alarm for my 1999 Nissan maxima QX. I don't know where the remote is so If I lock my doors the car alarm goes off when I put the key in the door to unlock. I just want it deactivated can you help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
To your knowledge, is this a factory or aftermarket alarm?
If factory, I need the last 8 digits of your VIN number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a factory alarm. The last eight of the vin are U0023369.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, I have checked and for some reason dont have the schematics for this. I will opt out and see if another expert does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF this is Factory Alarm:
Since you do NOT have the Remote & the Factory Alarm "should" DisArm with Unlocking the Door with the Key
IF it does NOT, then the Door Switch, connections or Factory Alarm is defective.
You can keep the Factory Alarm from Arming by Locking the Doors "Manually" (not using the Power Door Lock switch)
IF you do not want to do that, there is only 2 other ways to prevent the Alarm from sounding.
1) Purchase another Remote & have it Programmed to the vehicle
2) Locate the GREEN/YELLOW (-) wire inside the Door at the Switch & "Ground-" the GREEN/YELLOW (-)
This will prevent the Factory Alarm from Arming "IF" all other components are good

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

.
.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello even if I lick the doors manually and I use the key to unlock the alarm still sounds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as the "green and yellow wire at the ground inside the door " I'm confused as to what you are referring to

.
IF it is the Factory Alarm, then it sounds like the Alarm is set for "Passive Arming" which Arms the Alarm, after the Ignition Key is turned off & Driver Door closed
Be sure you understand "Manually Lock".........Each Door needs to have the door lock pushed down "without" using the Power Door Lock Switch.
What I do is: sitting in driver seat, with Key ON, Doors closed, Lock ALL Doors with the power door lock switch.
Turn Key OFF & open Driver Door
Manually LOCK the Driver Door (not with switch)
Close Driver Door
IF the Alarm sounds when Unlocking with Key, it is either in Passive Arming, defective Switch or Alarm, or NOT Factory Alarm

.

.

Remove the inside door panel
Located the Key Switch wire at the Key Switch
Should be GREEN/YELLOW (-) wire
Ground that wire

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to send a picture there's only one free and yellow wire and it's connected to a switch

that is a picture of the connector of the harness
IF that GREEN/YELLOW wire goes to the Door Key Lock Switch at the handle outside, then that is the "correct" wire to Ground -
Always TEST wires before making connection
The GREEN / YELLOW wire should show Ground - when the Door Key Lock is turned to UNLOCK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not connect directly to the door it stops at the connector. It's c Ming from under the hood, into the door, to the connector and then the other side of the connector changes color

It does not connect directly to the door it stops at the connector.
There should only be "2" wires at the Door Key Switch
Have you located the Door Key Switch?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have but there is a lot of different wires inside a yellow sleeve grounded at the door switch but no yellow and green

That harness at the Door Key Switch has to go back to the Door jamb or a module inside the door
Follow the Door Key Switch Harness back to wherever & let me know what you find

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It ends at that connector.

It ends at that connector.
???
There is only "3" wires in that connector showing on the body side
One is GREEN / YELLOW??
IF the Door Lock Switch wires "only" go to that Connector, then test the GREEN / YELLOW wire for Ground - when the Door Key is turned to UNLOCK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is how it looks

sorry.......... here how what looks?
I am very familiar with the inside of Nissan Doors, wiring & electronics........
You need to confirm Ground - on the GREEN / YELLOW wire when you turn the Door Key

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a picture to show the yellow sleeved wires on the left because that's what leads to the key lock. The wires to the right is where the yellow and green wire is and I do not know how to confirm If that individual wire is grounded once it goes under the hood I can no longer trace that wire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The yellows sleeved wires are attached to the key hole with a connector

??
sorry I must not be making my self clear
It does NOT matter what color the wires are in the Yellow sleeve
It only matters that they go to the Door Key Switch on the Door that Locks & Unlocks the door/s
IF the Yellow sleeve wire go to the Door Key Switch and "1" of them are plugged into the Connector that has the GREEN / YELLOW wire, then you need to Test that GREEN / YELLOW wire for Ground - when the Key is turned to UNLOCK
You will need a Volt / Ohm Meter to do this.

.

I do not know how to confirm If that individual wire is grounded once it goes under the hood I can no longer trace that wire.

???
Why are you referring to wires going "under the hood"?
That has no bearing on what you need to do to DisArm the Factory Alarm

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wire is grounded

The wire is grounded
???

Is it Grounded all the time or is it Grounded when you turn the Key, or did you Ground the wire??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wire was already grounded.

trying to help.........

short sentences does not help, as I cannot see or touch your vehicle.........

The wire was already grounded.

???
Are you stating that someone else Grounded the GREEN / YELLOW wire?
or the wire is Grounded - thru Factory?