Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My power train light has come on

Customer Question

My power train light has come on
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Ok, there are approximately 500 fault codes that will trip the powertrain warning light, so it is impossible to know what the cause is without knowing the exact fault code. They range from emissions to engine to transmission controls systems as well as internal faults.
You need to have the computer scanned for fault codes and then post the fault code here. It will be a Pxxxx code - example - P0420. Once you do this, I can go from there in diagnosing the issue, or walking you thru it.
But without knowing the exact fault code, it would be irresponsible as well as impossible to guess the exact issue and would only serve to further frustrate you
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello eric. Twice the van has gone on thea chine at the mechanic's and no fault has come up . I'm taking it to a deisel place tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean machine and no fault has come up
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, let me know what they find as far as any fault codes and we can go from there