sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have changes the battery in my Cmax 2009, and then the

Customer Question

Hi, i have changes the battery in my Cmax 2009, and then the radio-cd nav went blank, its dead
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio is completely dead then odds are the failure is internal. Radios are very sensitive to proper voltage and battery disconnect/reconnect/jump start procedure and it isn't uncommon for them to fail after a battery disconnect or jump start.

If fuses are good then what will need to be done is remove the radio and test it's powers and grounds. If they're ok then the radio can be condemned and either sent out for repair or replaced. It's usually cheaper to send one out for repair than to replace it with a remanufactured unit.