Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

My Renault trafic died today it started then cut out again

Customer Question

My Renault trafic died today it started then cut out again then started then cut out again now it won't start, the only thing I have noticed is the hand primer will not suck up any diesel
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome.

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

If you are not getting diesel up with the primer - then either there is non in the tank - or that primer has failed. They do fail... so it that case - you can try another to test - but it usually means its failed.. Its causing it to suck air not fuel and it will not start.

I would suggest to renew the fuel filter at the same time as renewing the bleed pump / primer - and then from what you have said, all should be well again.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this.. I will be only on a little tomorrow due to other commitments but will always get back to you if needed.

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I'll replace said parts today/tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Thanks again.nathan
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Nathan -

Im just checking back with you - see how you are getting on.

Let me know if you need anything else..or, if we are done, at least for now, I do just need you to click on the OK / Exc ratings button for me at this point.

Thank you again Nathan.

All the best - MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Nathan,

Im just checking back with you to see how you are getting on or if I can help anymore.

Im happy to help more if needed - or as mentioned, if we are done, I just need you to click on the OK ratings for me at this time.

Best Rgds, MIKE.