Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

2004 terracan notorious handbreak adjustment please ????

Customer Question

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.. Sorry to see you have had a wait.

As you say "notorious" ...It can be adjusted via "adjusting nut" at the bottom of the car, where the single cable turns into two cables that go to the rear wheels... it can also be adjusted directly inside the rear drums (parking brake). No matter if your terracan has drums or discs in rear, the procedure is the same.

The brake system / handbrake , on these as you are aware I think, are just not good by design - maybe in time, they, Hyundai, will come out with a recall or something to improve it / rework it or something - but that is how you do the job anyway as above.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this.. I will be only on a little tomorrow due to other commitments but will always get back to you if needed.

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE