Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Morning. I have a rover 45 2001 model. The car is completly

Customer Question

Morning martin.
I have a rover 45 2001 model. The car is completly flat no power whatsoever. i did notice last week that the spark plugs indicator was flashing intermittently
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im sorry you have had a wait -

There can be on this model several reasons for such issues..

Im not really sure what you mean when you say the spark plug indicator was flashing intermittently - but if this device is showing that, then it may well point to a fault with the rotor arm...inside the distributor cap... they were known for failing and causing such power loss issue.

The best way is to just replace it - and the distributor cap too as a set.. then see if that cures this for you.

General things should be considered also - general service items, such as spark plugs / fuel and air filters also - depending on its service history - but thats the place to start with this for sure to cure this.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE