the B0080 is for the passenger set position sensor
this below needs to be followed to find the problem
most of these have been the wiring to the sensor or the sensor itself being bad
The seat position sensor is used to determine the proximity of a front driver or passenger seat position with respect to the frontal air bag. There are two states of seat position, forward and rearward. The seat position sensor interfaces with the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) and allows the SDM to disable stage 2 of the frontal air bag for a front seat that is forward of the forward/rearward point in seat track. The seat position sensor provides 2 current ranges, one range for the forward seat position and one for rearward seat position. When the SDM receives input from a seat position sensor that the seat is rearward, and the SDM will not disable stage 2 deployment. When the seat is forward, the SDM will disable stage 2 deployment. The SDM monitors the seat position sensor circuit and if a fault is detected, the SDM will set code B0079 or B0080 and disable stage 2 frontal deployment
- Seat position sensor
- SDM module
- Seat position sensor wiring harness connector
- SDM wiring harness connector
- Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the appropriate B88 seat position sensor.
- Test for less than 10 ohm between the low reference circuit terminal 1 and ground.
¤If greater than the specified range, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K36 SDM.
- Ignition ON, test for 4-9 V between the signal circuit terminal 2 and ground.
¤If less than the specified value, test the signal circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K36 SDM.
¤If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K36 SDM.
- If all circuits test normal, replace the B88 seat position sensor.