martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained
20682938

My rover 25 won't start. It makes a rapid beeping sound when

Customer Question

Hi. My rover 25 won't start. It makes a rapid beeping sound when I turn the key
Category: UK Car
Expert:  martin jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to assist you with your problem, first of all i take it you were trying to input the EKA code, 4 digit into the drivers door lock, did you do this to the letter, also was the car door lock button down to start with, also have you got the right code, sorry to ask but sometimes the wrong code is put into the service book, the only other thing to try, which is a very common problem, is the keyfob battery connections breaking from the soldered joints, please advise, kindest regards martin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereThanks for the reply. I already tried those things. I have the correct code it's a problem with the immobiliser I beleive. I'm actually away now for a couple of months so I think I'm just oging to have to call a mechanic out on my return

Hi there, thanks for the reply, i know you said about the remote connections, but its worth double checking very carefully at the tags that hold the battery in, gently try and lift each one with a small screwdriver, if they move that would cause your problem, failing that, your 5AS unit may be faulty and need replacing, hope this helps, kindest regards martin.