sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2012 Renault clio. It's been losing power forth

Customer Question

Hi mike. I have a 2012 Renault clio. It's been losing power forth past 2-3 weeks. Weather it was the clutch. Garage say computer not showing anything. Clutch ok. Currently on a long journey n can't getting above 65. It's comfier at 55 and that's with foot to the floor. Can you help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If he clutch was causing the issue then you should notice engine RPM's are higher than hey should be when accelerating with the clutch released, especially in high gears. You would also likely notice a difference in clutch pedal feel and possibly slipping during shifts.

At highway speed is it running the same RPM's as normal; if you attempt to accelerate hard from highway speed without touching the clutch do RPM's rise abnormally?