Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Have replaced the relay with possibly the wrong one on a

Customer Question

Hi
Have replaced the flasher relay with possibly the wrong one on a 2006 transit 2.4 TDCI and it sparked now have no ingnition power
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Sorry to see you have had a wait.

It is very possible you have the wrong one, there are different ones for the Transits - you will have to double check that with your supplier... Ford parts ideally.

For now its most probable you have popped the ign circit fuse - memory says its a 50 amp - but check all in the engine bay - you should come across it there -

Be sure to have the correct relay to refit - they are wired differently inside - causing a short when the wrong one is used.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE