Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Have a 2004 525d and recently the key will not open from a

Customer Question

Hi there, have a 2004 525d and recently the key will not open from a distance I have to go right up to back window to click open and close. And the spare key is the same. Had the key tested by a key machine and it has a full strong battery. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Regards marylee
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
B585641
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey are you still there?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

the problem can be that both keys batteries are wearing out at the same time, however, it most likely a problem with the antenna /antenna amplifier which will require the faulty component be replaced. the antenna amp is most common to cause this.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.