Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My2005 Chrysler crd automatic is running slightly hot when I

Customer Question

my2005 Chrysler crd automatic is running slightly hot when I push the speed up to 120km/ph (70mph) on motorway, the temp gauge goes to about 3/4 whereas in the past is would sit on half way, it is losing some coolant but not a whole lot maybe a litre every 2000kms
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
The problem with sealers is that they can clog the radiator and heater core, as well as cause the thermostat to stick.
I would have the cooling system flushed to get rid of the sealer and then replace the thermostat. This should resolve the running hot.
For the leak, it needs to have a cooling system pressure test done to locate source of the leak.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks