sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I got a 2012 Ram 2500 slt 6.7l mexico truck need the stock

Customer Question

Hi i got a 2012 Ram 2500 slt 6.7l mexico truck need the stock file for it. The dealer in South Africa has flashed it with the American version witch got dpf and def and a cat. Now i got a load of error codes installed a race me tuner to delete the codes
but no luck some just keeps popping up would just like to return the truck to stock. The Mexican version got no cat def or dpf but got a egr. Regards Peet
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like the ECM has been programmed with the wrong software. If that's the case there isn't a way to remove the existing software and change it to something else, the ECM would need to be replaced again and programmed to the current revision of whatever the original software was.

Did the problem start as the result of replacing the ECM?