FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have audi a4 2.0 se 2002 The oil pressure light keep

Customer Question

I have audi a4 2.0 se 2002
The oil pressure light keep coming beeps 2-3 times and then go off.
That usually happens when driving slow (20-30 mph) stuck in traffic or going over bumps.
I been to my local garage and was told it's just a faulty sensor.
The pressure sensor was replaced and now the low oil lvl light is on permanently... And the pressure light keep coming like before...
All so now there is a small oil leak which after 3 times getting the car back to the garage not been fix...
When I Brough the car the oil check tube and stick was missing and a new one been fit
All so the garage change the oil with oil filter and flush the engine...
Any advice will be much appreciated...
I was told to get to the oil sub on this model the hall engine have to be lift up... ?!?!
I
Category: UK Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if this has been happening for some time? Does the engine make noise when the light comes on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's been going on since I bought the car in April 2015. And no noise really, temperature gage stays bang on in 90 degree C too...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a tough would you know what the length ( high) of the oil check tube and the length of the oil check stick for this model would be..? Because I have the oil level light ON ever since the pressure sensor was replaced and tube and stick fit in (they was missing when I brought the car)
And if not correct my oil lvl may be low even if showing correct full on the stick
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

I will have to check and see if I have the dimensions. Do you know how much oil you added? Also, as the oil pressure been tested with a manual gauge to see if it was actually low?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no idea how much Oil been added and I don't think the pressure have been measured with gauge...
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. This really needs to be done to see if the pressure is actually low.