Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

My oil light is flashing randomly not when driving or even

Customer Question

My oil light is flashing randomly not when driving or even stated it's only done it when the ignition is swicted on ? Starts fine and the light never comes on while driving ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

hello, look closely at the oil light, does it say "SENSOR " next to the oil can symbol? or does it say "MIN"?

also is it the oil can light or is it the service mileage you are referring to ? just to be on the same page?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turn the key the main display comes up with OK then sometimes not all the time It's the red oil can flashes and beeps in the main display doesn't say any near it can't understand it as the car is not even running
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

ok, typically this means the oil level system has a failure and cannot accurately determine oil level. this is very common issue on these models and this engine. most likely the oil level sensor will have to be replaced. that is why you do not get any messages while driving is because the sensor is not able to read correctly. hope this helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.