Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

The serial number on my current gearbox is PL000 1409196. I

Customer Question

Hi, The serial number on my current gearbox is PL000(###) ###-#### ***** need to replace this gearbox and have found one with serial number PLO12(###) ###-#### ***** ***** gearbox compatible with my car ( VIN: SAJAA51L01WC12438)? I Think it is but I'm having trouble to
get any straight answer here in Sweden. BR, Åke
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

The best place to find out this info as I see no one has replied here with this info is from a dealer.In some cases their parts department can tell you over the phone or if you stop in and speak with them if this is compatible.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your effort with this issue.The dealers (here in Sweden) claim that they need the VIN, they cannot use the serial number on the gearbox. However I have finally recieved an answer at Jag-lovers forum (http://forums.jag-lovers.org/tv.php3?eNrLL8q0zcxLSa1QS7St0C2pLEhVK7Y1NDeyMDU0sALTZqYQ2tLCCgBLogyh) that I'm satisfied with.Kind regards,Åke
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

That is great to hear you have received the info you need.If you need anything else let me know and feel free to rate my help here if you like.

Thanks Pete