sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1999 Lexus GS 300. The interior fan has stopped

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Lexus GS 300. The interior fan has stopped working. I have applied 12v to the motor terminals and this runs the fan. I have changed the blower module and checked all fuses and swoped relays around but still cannot get any power to the blower motor.
A few weeks ago I had to use radweld in my system could this be a possible course
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the blower motor isn't being powered by the blower motor controller then the issue has to be a loss of power or ground to the controller, a control head issue, or a wiring problem between the control head and blower motor controller or from the controller to the blower motor. I'm assuming a new controller was installed, if a used one was installed then you may still have a bad controller.

Were the two power feeds at the blower motor controller verified?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no 12 v feed at blower motor control unit

There should be two; both are missing? You've checked fuses?