Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

The hand break on my Renault Megan espace will not release

Customer Question

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If this model uses the electronic hand brake system with the electronic release this fault here can be caused by a fault with the release switch defective needing replaced or an issue with the actuator that isn't releasing the brake itself needing replaced.This will have to be checked into/tested further to locate which is the cause here and then repaired from there unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.