Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

How do I disable the tyre pressure monitor system (chime

Customer Question

How do I disable the tyre pressure monitor system (chime noise very few minutes) on my 2002 Lexus SC430
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately the TPMS system can not be disabled as its considered a safety feature, if the chime is sounding then the system is detecting a fault and in order to determine what is failing the system is going need to be checked starting with a scan and the problem addressed from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system is detecting a fault since the sensors on the wheels and tryes were removed as they were rusty and normal valves were fitted (new sensors are $200 each and times that by 4 wheels and it is $800 plus labour). Therefore everything is still safe it is just that now the computer cannot read the sensors (as they have been removed) and hence it chimes.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately In order to get the chimes to stop sounding you are going to have to install the sensor and reset the system, it can not be by passed by design.