Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Marty Re 1994 e220 cabriolet spent £500 six months ago to

Customer Question

Hi Marty
Re 1994 e220 cabriolet spent £500 six months ago to get hood working and yesterday, after not using car for a month, hood won't open, can see movement on cover trying to open but no joy. Any clues please on how to fix, frustrating when it was working!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you haven't tried this yet have someone push down on the hood and pull up back and forth while you try and release the hood with the release lever.Sometimes the hood latch can bind and doing this will allow the latch to free up and open.If it does open then lubricate the latch to keep this from occuring again and make sure the latch adjustment is all o.k.

If the hood does not open when doing this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That sort of thing has already been tried with no success.
Having been trying for two days myself I feel the remedy is associated with the relationship between the hood operating system and the rear head restraints which also act as the roll over bar in the event of an accident. I believe if I could work out how to reset the system (not just disconnecting the battery) it would sort this out. Or find how to open the hood manually.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info isn't showing how to adjust or reset the head restraints on this model here.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete