Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have a 2008 Mazda 5, it has done 76k miles always serviced

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2008 Mazda 5, it has done 76k miles always serviced on time. Just got back from week trip to France - it done 1500 miles there. Once back started to notice the engine sounded bit rough on Idle, and then it would lose power changing gears for s few seconds then kick back into life again! This happens mainly once car is warm. No lights on dash at all before during or after one of these episodes, any clues please?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Even though you are not seeing a check engine light I would still start with having the computer system scanned to see if the computer has detected any issues. In most cases the PCM (computer) will pick up and store a fault code at some point. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to get this resolved for you.