Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My renalt megane card is reading not detected. Have tried

Customer Question

My renalt megane card is reading not detected. Have tried the spare key but still not detected too. Help please, thank you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

This can be a fault with the theft immobilizer itself not reading the key properly.I have seen this occur before when more then one key is affected like this here.If you have not had the fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool/computer that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle this needs done.Any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.The immobilizer may need replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for replying back Pete, do you have an idea how much it's going to cost in checking with the computers and also changing the immobilizer?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

I don't have an exact amount and the amount will all depend on what needs done for sure but this may cost around $100 to $200 to have checked/tested and can run up to or over $500 for repairs all depending on the fault.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ooh dear, thank you for your help
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.It may be cheaper it all depends on the fault.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help if you like.

Thanks Pete