Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Pete, I have a Peugeot 206HDI 1,6 16V. Error code is p1166

Customer Question

Hi Pete, I have a Peugeot 206HDI 1,6 16V.
Error code is p1166 > high rail pressure. I have changed sensor and regulator for the pump. Pressure is about 1300 bar during cranking. Car starts for 1 second then cuts off because of to high pressure.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

Most models the injection pump uses a pressure relief valve and if this fails this can cause high pressure with this needing replaced.I have also seen issues with the wiring leading to the rail pressure sensor being shorted or damaged needing repaired or replaced.This will need to be checked into/tested further to locate which is the cause here and from there repaired to correct this issue.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Pete,
pressure relief valve , rail sensor and complete engine wiring is new. With scope I have seen that the PWM-signal, which controlles the valve is very unusually.
I also have changed the engine ECU. The ECU is an Bosch EDC16C34 Nr 0281 011 560 PSA-Nr.:(###) ###-####
The ECU , I took was a used one from the same car model and 9HZ-engine.
In Citreon diag, I have read, that on 9HZ-engine the CR-pump changed from CP3.2 to CP1H3.
My car has a CP1H3. The used ECU was possible from a car with a CP3.2.
Now my question to you:
Is it possible by manuell coding the vehicle parameter to choose the right CR-pump ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If the coding/programming is incorrect (most likely it is if the pump is different) this can cause this fault here.On some models it can be re coded/reprogrammed by a dealer or authorized repair center and usually they are the only ones that can do this as it usually requires their computer to do this here.I know on some models the computer is a one time install meaning if it is installed and programmed to one vehicle it cannot be reprogrammed for another model.A dealer or authorized repair center should be able to plug into your vehicle to see if it can be re coded or if you need a new replacement then have it coded to your model here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Pete,
thanks for your information, but this are no news for me. The last PUG dealer made the mistake with automaticly telecoding.
And now I am looking for an really expert, who exactly knows what he does. Sorry, your answers are to general for me.
Greets from GermanyManfred
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete