Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I am a mechanic 06 transit connect wipers and washers keep

Customer Question

hi I am paul a mechanic 06 transit connect wipers and washers keep blowing a fuse.changed the motor and tried a different switch still the same..disconnected the switch-fuse ok-put a live from plug to the other plug contacts all ok until I touch 2 yellow and black wires-fuse blows I cut the wires then joined them.one blows the fuse i.tried the other and the wipers work ok but washers are working all the the time unless the switch is depressed-disconnected so i disconnected washer motor the wiper motor works fine with this wire cut
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

Inspect this wiring to where it leads to to see if any shorts are found with the wiring itself needing repaired or replaced.I have seen before where the wiring being shorted or damaged will cause a short like this here needing repaired and this sounds like the cause here.If a fault is found it will need repaired.If this is checked and found o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete