sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have ldv maxus 2.5,2005.I have intermitent starting i.e.

Customer Question

hi i have ldv maxus 2.5,2005.I have intermitent starting i.e. you can drive to the shop,get back in no lights on dash-no ignition..battery is new,has over 12 volts,engine turns fine when working,its as if theres a loose connection in the ig barrel.can you help please
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If you also have no lights when this happens then the problem is going to be related to the ignition switch.

If the vehicle is essentially electrically dead then you either have a cable, connection, or power distribution issue. Odds are you have an issue with a battery cable or a connection issue at the battery, power distribution center or chassis grounds.

Do a visual inspection of the cables and connections if you haven't already, remove the battery terminals making sure the posts and insides of the terminals are clean.

Also check any visible grounds, especially those connected to the battery negative cable.

If no issues are found then you can turn the headlamps on and then wiggle test the cables and all connections. If you can move a spot and cause a change in the lights then you've found an area with a connection or voltage drop issue. The same can be done at the time the problem is happening if necessary.