Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Im from germany and on my 2008 Suburban the left

Customer Question

hello,
im from germany and on my 2008 Suburban the left running-board is still down. when i close the door, i hear schort some relais-sound, but nothing else.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Most of the time this is a faulty control module which requires a scan tool to test, but may be the motor, which if you have a voltmeter, we can test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for this Problems with me. My browser not allowed your site and PayPal give me back the Money. How i can send the 18 Dollar to you, that i don't stay here as an bad man? The runningboard is going sometime and somtime not. i think, i have a Problem with the Motor on the left side. i check, how can i disassemble it to check it inside. maybe it is a elktrical Problem with the rotor. and i know, my english is not so good ....
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
GM doesnt have directions to actually open up the motor and check its gears. All we do here in the stateside is check for 12v to the motor and if present, replace the motor as GM does not offer replacement internal parts for the motor