Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

On starting my Bmw e60 520d 2006 se model with idrive and

Customer Question

On starting my Bmw e60 520d 2006 se model with idrive and sat Nav. When I start the car from cold I sometimes get the abs light come on or I get the servotronic malfunction come on, but if I switch off and restart it clears the problem it also takes me a few attempts to unlock the steering wheel on a cold start with me having to insert the fob 2/3 times before steering unlocks. I do not have comfort access.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

what faults are logged in the car's computer fault memory?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No faults are showing, the only fault is time and date to set as the Ibs cable is disconnected apart from that no faults.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

your abs cable blew apart and has not been fixed?

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

sorry, what exactly is the issue with the ibs cable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car was involved in a rear end collision I have changed the blow off cable. When the Ibs is connected the car does not start when disconnected it starts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry was your answer for my question the abs cable needs to be replaced to solve the abs and servotronic warning lights?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

no that was a typo. have you had the car scanned with a BMW scan tool since this started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No jus had a local garage scan it with no faults showing and no faults on the idrive also.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

so they did not scan with a BMW scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I believe it was a snap on computer if that's any help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Snap on modis scanner
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

the faults will need to be read with a factory BMW scan tool to verify the cause of this. most likely the cause is ibs / voltage related.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

the fact that the car does not start with the ibs cable installed indicates there is a clear issue with this system. this should be resolved as other issues are likely related.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer.