auto tech
auto tech, auto tech
Experience:  auto tech 14 years ase cert
6166830

I have a 2003 CRV 2.Litre petrol. I left the lights on and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2003 CRV 2.Litre petrol. I left the lights on and the battery died - Charged the battery up but it didn't hold a charge, so bought a new battery. When I connect the positive battery lead the alarm goes off. and keeps cycling (but not the horn or indicator switches), I've tried manually resetting it with the key, and nothing seems to work. It's a Right Hand Drive and I've taken the kick plates off both sides but there doesn't seem to be a Honda alarm box there, and I can't find a reset switch. Have you any ideas, thanks Graham
Category: UK Car
Expert:  auto tech replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i will help you today

Expert:  auto tech replied 1 year ago.

try this open the hood lock all the doors then disconnect the battery both cables after you have remove the cables hold them touching for one minute then reconnect and try to open the doors again let me know if you have any more questions

Expert:  auto tech replied 1 year ago.

if not please rate the service before you go thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for this, I tried your suggestion this morning but it didn't work - I used a heavy duty jump lead to connect as the cables wouldn't reach. Have you any other suggestions??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also forgot to say the key fob opens and locks the doors no problem, and the engine starts - the alarm just won't shut off
Expert:  auto tech replied 1 year ago.

is this a after market system because the control unit may have gone bad and need to be remove from the system ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I wouldn't know, but I've now called the breakdown service
Expert:  auto tech replied 1 year ago.

ok i am going to have to pot out so you do not end up paying for this